Before my 39th birthday I had a sense of profound emptiness. I was financially successful, had a wonderful wife and awesome two sons, many friends, and an opportunity to do what I loved each day. In spite of all of that I felt empty as the crushing weight of forty loomed over me.
When I paused to focus on it I was quickly able to ascertain the issue – a lack of gratitude. I was not taking time to appreciate all that there was around me, all the blessings and benefits.
My solution was to commit to writing a daily blog about one thing I was thankful for each day without repeating a topic. I would share it publicly for accountability and commit to doing it for one year. Almost seven years later this has become a core of who I am.
Below are my most recent daily blog posts. Feel free to check out more at Thankful4Forty.com
- Day 2,984 Growth: When you feel a nudge, heed the call. You’ll never regret the extra step of kindness taken […]
- Day 2,983 Growth: Throughout the course of the day I often have those moments of insight from observing different conversations, […]
- Day 2,982 Growth: Something about today really had me dialed in from the standpoint of presence. As I think ahead […]
- Day 2,981 Growth: When viewed correctly and the worked on with an action plan rejection is only a speed bump […]
- Thankful for Realizing AND Accepting that I Cannot Do It All, a Complete Family and Becky & Gavin’s Smiles, & Engaging ConversationDay 2,980 Growth: There’s never quite enough time to get everything done that I will want to get done. Consider […]
Want to learn to better “Mind the GAP”?
Each week Mike shares one lessons learned from the previous week to help you better learn how to “Mind the GAP – Growth, Appreciation, & Presence.” Please enter your email below to learn along with Mike each week.